Import gift records
This document goes over the process of importing gifts into akoyaGO using the GOdonate Transaction table.
(While this document focuses on importing gifts for GOdonate purposes, the gift import steps will be the same throughout other entities.)
1. In akoyaGO, navigate to the Donor Management workspace and click on GOdonate Transactions
2. Click on dropdown trigger to locate the view "Gift Import Template"
Note: This is a system view that will not be available until our December 2023 Release. If you are going through this process before then, please create your own view that includes (at least) the following columns:
- Donor Type
3. Click on Excel Templates
4. Click on Download Template
This will download a template that you can use any time you want to import gifts into akoyaGO
5. Click on Download
6. Now, use this Excel file as your template for entering gift data that needs to be imported to the CRM. When finished entering your data, save this spreadsheet as a .CSV file.
7. When you are ready to import the data from your Excel file, Click on Import from Excel Open Import Wizard to import from Excel file.
8. Click on Import from CSV
9. Click "Choose File" and select your .CSV file of gift records
10. Click on Next
11. Click on Review Mapping
12. Now, we need to review our mapping and make sure each of the boxes has a green checkmark next to it before proceeding.
13. In the top 3 fields on the list that start with "(Do Not Modify)" Select Ignore from the drop down list
14. For the fields that have the rectangle icon with lines in it, Click on that icon to review the option sets to ensure your mapping looks good
15. Once you've reviewed your option set mapping and made any necessary changes, Click on OK
16. For each of the "Lookup" fields, click on the magnifying glass to double check where your information is mapping to
17. In this example, we are mapping the column labeled "Donor" in our spreadsheet to the "Formal Default" field on a "Donors & Prospects" record.
If you want to change which field it is mapped to on the "Donors & Prospects" record, click where it says "Enter text here" to search for other fields to map to.
18. If there are columns in your spreadsheet that you do not wish to map, you can simply select "Ignore" from the drop down list.
19. Once you have mapped all your fields, and you no longer see any red "!" icons, click on Finish Import
20. Click on Track Progress to view the progress of your import.